The Visitor visa (subclass 600s) lets people visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends. This visa may be utilized for other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than three months.
There are two types of visitor Visas Australia provides. They are:
The Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)
The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) Visa (this is applicable if you are willing to visit Australia for business purpose and do not want to stay more than three months)
The eVisitor Visa (Subclass 651 – for particular countries only)
- The minimum application charge for the Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) ranges from AUD140 to AUD1020.
- The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) Visa has an AUD20 service charge.
- The Visitor (subclass 651) visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country. If you are a citizen of any of the specified countries you can get your visa approved under one day. In that case, you have to lodge your visa application using the eVisitor (subclass 651) visa.
- Meet character and health requirements, if applicable;
- Have access to sufficient funds to bear all your costs during your stay in Australia. You may be asked to provide evidence of your funds; and
- Have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia.
You will be able to get this visa if you are traveling to Australia:
- As a visitor
- To visit your family
- On tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.
As per the conditions in your visa grant letter, the visa holder might be allowed travel to and from Australia on single or multiple occasions until the visa is valid.
The above requirements may not be the only requirements for your visa processing. The Australian Immigration Services often change their requirements for visas. We understand that applying for this visa without proper support and guidelines can be an arduous task for most people. To ease up, we have an excellent team of Migration Consultants who will talk to you about the entire visa process. Please make the best use of our one-on-one visa consultancy. Please visit your nearest onshore office at Australia or India.